Grandmas Famous Banana Bread
Why I chose this:
I chose this recipe because my grandmas banana bread is literally the best banana bread you will ever taste. She says not everyone can make it though. She says you have to really love baking to be able to bake this. My grandma even says that I make it better than her, but you and I both know that no baking I will do will better than my grandmas; that just a fact!! Grandmas (or at least my grandma) in my opinion are made for baking, I swear my grandma has the magic touch to make anything taste good.
1 ¾ cups of flour.
1 ½ cups of sugar.
1 tsp baking soda.
½ tsp salt.
½ cup oil.
¼ cup of buttermilk (+ 1 tbsp lemon juice).
1 tsp vanilla.
- Spray loaf pans with cooking spray or something of the sort
- Mix together dry ingredients
- Mix wet ingredients separately
- Mash bananas
- Add dry and mashed bananas into the wet mixture and DO NOT OVERMIX
- Add batter to prepared loaf pans and bake at 325 degrees for 1hourand 20 minutes.
- If making a double batch, don’t double recipe, mix another batch separately.
- If you want to moisten bread add more buttermilk.
- To make buttermilk, mix your milk and 1 tbsp of lemon juice per every ¼ cup of milk.
- Cook your bread for less time if you want softer bread
- Add 1-2 tsps of cinnamon to your batter if you want a nice twist on the flavor of your bread.
- Frozen or overripe bananas have the most banana flavor! (the ripe ones are most likely the ones with the brown patches)