The Trumpet

Welcome back to another blog, this weeks blog is about my trumpet. I got my trumpet about 2 weeks ago and so far i can play the first 5 notes( I’m still working on G) which are C, D, E,F,G. Playing the trumpet is really fun sometimes it can be a bit stressful and want to throw it across the room, fear not it will get better and with some guidance from your teacher you will be playing in no time! Some tricks i have for you are: 1. Learn the correct way to blow into the trumpet before playing it for real 2. Once you get the trumpet quickly learn how to hold it properly so you get into a good habit and your fingers will automatically go in the right place. once you’ve finished those you can learn the fingering and learn how to play different notes.

Helping Hacks:

everyone gets a little frustrated and when that happens her are some things to help you get through it.

1. Step away, none is going to get mad if you need to step away for a little while ask to go get some water or ask for a walk too help get your mind of your trumpet for awhile.
  2. Blow, if you just cant make a sound put your trumpet away, take out your hand and focus on blowing right into the palm this will help get your air focused for when you have to blow into the trumpet for real.
  3. Practice, After band practice take a break don’t pay anymore that day but the next day practice for a bit( 15 minutes about) recall what you did in band class, next day take a break recover and again practice ( about 15 minutes) what you did in band lass keep this schedule going until  next band class when you learn something new do the same routine this will help you a lot throughout your beginner years.

That’s the end of my blog this week i would like to thank Gayoung  http://gayounsaemsblog2019.edublogs.org/ for suggesting this blog. Gayoung is also great at flute

I would also like to thank Susan http://susansaemsblog2019.edublogs.org/  for helping me through the rough she is as well a beginner band student only she is super good and better then me in my mind. Anyway that’s my blog and i hope you liked it. Bye!

5 thoughts on “The Trumpet

1. Ava even thought I don’t play the Trumpet I found this very helpful for if I did. thank you your blog was great 🙂

2. Great blog, Ava! Thank you for the compliment.
    P.S. Gayoung’s blog is not a link; I can’t click on it.
    Bookworm (AKA Susan, Ava’s friend)